Have you ever asked someone, “What was one thing you wish you had or changed about your wedding day?” I hear this a lot, I have shot a ton of weddings and I have seen some pretty amazing things. I have also seen things where I feel like there could’ve been improvements. Sometimes just adding one more thing to the wedding day, can make a big deal. So I have compiled a list of the best wedding day tips.
The Best Wedding Day Tips
- Have someone assigned, (before the day of), to put the guy’s boutonnieres on. Depending on the number of groomsmen, this can take a while or not take long at all. But having someone to specifically put those on, helps me out as the photographer because then we can get straight to groomsmen portraits. 😉
- Tell your florist if there are extra pieces of flowers or greenery after they are done making your bouquet, bring them to the wedding! I would love to use them for the detail shots. 🌿
- Bride’s bouquet: I KNOW weddings are expensive, I get it. But if you were to ask what is one thing you should splurge your money on, I’m going to tell you, the bride’s bouquet! 💐 I can make your entire wedding day look like there were beautiful florals everywhere. I can use the bridal bouquet to spruce up bridal details, reception details AND even bride and groom portraits. 👰🏽♀️
- Have ALL of your bridal details together in one spot (get a cute box for them 😉 *hey bridesmaid, this is a great small gift that you can do for your friend!). Get all of those things around BEFORE the day of the wedding. Put your wedding invite suite in there, all of your jewelry, (rings can go in the day of!), garter(s), your shoes (if they fit), and anything else that is memorable to you. Maybe it’s a hankie from your grandmother? 👵🏻
- If your bridal party needs instruction on WHEN to walk down the aisle, assign someone to stand in the back with them and tell them when to go – I did this and this helps tremendously! There have been times where I’ve had to motion the next couple to walk down the aisle. Though I don’t mind doing that, but my main job that day is being a wedding photographer. 📸
- Make sure you allow for fluff time! I will help with this, when it gets down to making your timeline for the day of. I always make sure we allot MORE time than what we need, in certain areas…like family portraits! 👨👩👧👦
- Wherever the bride is getting ready at, make sure the space is clear of clutter and in neutral surrounding colors (IF possible!). If it’s a dark room, I will find another space in the venue/building where there’s a window. Windows let natural light in, making the lighting for skin tones and even the dress more flattering. 😏
Want even MORE TIPS? After you book your wedding with me, you will get a 80+ page bridal guide! There is SO MUCH MORE in that guide than these few tips. 👏🏻
Shooting weddings is more than a job to me. It’s far more than the wedding dress and the pretty flowers. I care about you as a person and sharing my wedding day expertise with you. I hope these wedding day tips will help you as you are planning your big day!
If you are interested in learning more about my wedding photography services, inquire here.